Efemia Bladder Support
Are there any side effects?
– If you suffer from vaginal dryness, the device may cause some irritation or chafe on your labia or inside the vagina. If you feel it chafing or if you know you have a sensitive vulva, you can try applying some water-based lubricant to see if that helps.
Does a menstrual cup function similarly?
– The rim of the menstrual cup pushing against the vagina can have the same effect. However, the idea is to place the menstrual cup as close to the uterus as possible to collect blood. The Efemia Bladder Support, on the other hand, has been designed to support the urethra in the right area every time it is used.
How do you know that you need a vaginal support? When will pelvic floor exercises help?
– It’s not easy to know. It can take some time before pelvic floor exercises produce results, so it’s essential to keep at it. However, it’s fair to expect that you’ll keep improving. The Efemia Bladder Support can be an option for you until you feel the desired effect from your pelvic floor exercises. You can also train other muscles without worrying about bladder leaks.
How does the Efemia Bladder Support work?
– The Efemia Bladder Support is a vaginal insert designed to reduce urine leakage due to stress incontinence. It supports the mid-urethra through the vaginal wall, right where the urethra should bend under strenuous activity to prevent leaks. The device gives the urethra a little extra push just when pressure on the abdomen increases.
What is the Efemia Bladder Support?
-The Efemia Bladder Support is a vaginal insert designed to reduce urine leakage due to stress incontinence. It supports the mid-urethra through the vaginal wall.
What’s the difference between Contrelle, a TVT-operation and the Efemia Bladder Support?
– Contrelle supports the bladder neck, and therefore functions differently to the Efemia Bladder Support, which supports the urethra. Contrelle is a disposable product, whereas the Efemia Bladder Support can be used for three months. TVT is a surgical method where a sling is placed under the urethra to provide support. The Efemia Bladder Support and TVT support the urethra in the same place.
Will it cure my incontinence?
No, it will help you to keep dry during use. When you remove the device the effect of the device will be gone.